Finding an online site that offers a plan with all the paperwork required for a self-managed super fund is one of the best ways to create a self-managed fund. The name indicates that this is done by "yourself".
You don't need a financial planner to do the work for you, but I suggest if you have a financial planner, seek their advice as self managed super funds (SMSF) has some advantages.
Image Source: Google
If you can find a website online that has the documents for a self-managed fund or super fund (pension) that is self managed, make sure the plan includes ALL of the documents listed below for creating the fund.
These documents and the website you have selected allow you to choose a guardian (an individual or legal entity) and make different choices for cases. The document package must contain:
– Product disclosure statement – in clear English! It summarizes the characteristics of a self-managed fund plan.
– Consent must be available to all affected persons as well as to the trustee and the managing director of the trust.
– Receiver app, Spotted, and TFN notifications for all self-managed super funds.
– ATO Power of Attorney form for any or all trustees
– A true act of trust from a self-managed super fund.
– Finally, a starter pack (something like a business plan) to help you choose your next steps.